St. Mary’s Catholic Church is listed among the historic painted churches in Texas. Located in Fredericksburg, Texas, St. Mary’s was first constructed as a log house in 1848. In 1863 the building was converted to stone. In 1906 it was newly designed and built in 1906 and displays many Gothic features as seen today. This view of the painted church was captured from the balcony looking down to the alter.